[vtkusers] Libraries for packages Tcl

Chris Johnson chrisj at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 04:59:02 EDT 2002

Hi Daniel,

You have to run

vtk Cylinder.tcl

where vtk is set to the executable vtk, probably located in a bin
directory somewhere (depending on your installation - just do a search for
`vtk' somewhere in your installation tree).

Hope this helps (I did the same as you to start with...)

Cheers,

Chris

> When I try to execute a tcl script, I put in the command line:
>
> tclsh Cylinder.tcl
>
> and it's produced the next error:
>
> can't find package vtk
>     while executing
> "package require vtk"
>     (file "Cylinder.tcl" line 9)

-Dr Chris Johnson (Applications Consultant)  +44 (0)131 650 5201 (phone)-
-chrisj at epcc.ed.ac.uk			     +44 (0)131 650 6555 (fax)  -
-http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~chrisj/	     	   			-
-Rm 3406, EPCC, JCMB, Edinburgh University,				-
-Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK					-