[vtkusers] Problem occurs when one window covers another window in Win2000. (VTK3.2)

Yao Jifeng crazyyao at mail.rdcps.ac.cn
Fri Apr 26 04:31:39 EDT 2002

I am using vtk3.2+windows2000+VC 6.0 and I use the MDI stucture
in my application in order to display more than one graphics
windows at once. The original code is stolen from that vtkMFC demo.

In each window I use a vtkActor to draw a 3d mesh and some other
2d actors to draw labels, coordinates,etc.

When one window is covered with another window, and if I close the
window in front of it, of course, the window behind it will appear,
but it will lose the 3d mesh, although the labels and some other 2d
elements are still there. This only happens when the 3d mesh in the
behind window is completely covered by the front window.

It seems that this has something to do with the render buffer.
Cause I am not familiar with Windows, I wonder if anyone can tell me
how to solve this problem.

Any help will be appreciate.

Bati