[vtkusers] Efficient Progressive Data Rendering?

Benny Bian zbian at navitrak.com
Thu Apr 25 14:20:02 EDT 2002

Hi, All,

I am working on a DEM visualization project using VTK. I successfully
read a small data set and build a poly data set to view. For a large
area of elevation data, I need progressively to create a small data set
(enough to fill the view window) and continuously load new data when
users continuously pan or fly to a different area. I searched the
me?

I think constantly rebuild datasets from the beginning to view is very
expensive. How does VTK framework support this kind of job?

Thanks lot.

Benny