[vtkusers] Saving Polydata

Michael Györffy 4mg19 at qlink.queensu.ca
Wed Apr 24 15:47:14 EDT 2002

Hello:

	I'm new to vtk and programming, and so don't have the jargon down pat, but
I need help saving images generated in VTK.

	I am successfully using AppendPolyData to visuallize a
number of ellipsoids in space.

	I would like to save this PolyData as a dataset of the 3-D structure then to slice the 3-D image into 2-D
sections and save each section as an image.

	I don't understand what the writers need as input. They don't seem
to accept
AppendPolyData. The only thing I can do with AppendPolyData is send
it to
a Mapper and to my understanding the Writers don't use Mappers.

	What should I do with AppendPolyData to save it as a dataset?
Currently, I am trying to send it to vtkPolyDataWriter or vtkDataSetWriter
and this generates errors as the writer doesn't know what to do with
AppendPolyData.

	Any help is much appreciated.

	Thank you in advance,

	Mike