[vtkusers] Dual GeForce setup vtk rendering issues.

Pan, Tony C (Research) tpan at crd.ge.com
Wed Apr 24 13:04:05 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am running into an interesting problem.  Let me describe the system set up a bit first:

HW: Intel P3 1GHz, 1 GeForce 2 MX 400 PCI, 1 GeForce 3 Ti 200 AGP.
SW: Windows 2000

Dev SW:
	vtk 4.n (checked out of repository last Friday afternoon)
	ActiveTcl 8.3.4.1
	VC++ 6.0

Compiled ConeWin32.cxx from Examples/GUI directory.

Problem:
	GeForce 2 MX400 is set as the primary display: ConeWin32 does not render on the primary OR
secondary display.  Both showed black canvas.  In fact, ConeWin32 on GeForce 3 Ti 200 extends its
render area about 100 pixels to the left of the Windows window, so the render area actually goes
outside the border.

	GeForce 3 Ti 200 is set as the primary display: ConeWin32 does not render on the secondary
display, but is fine on the primary.  This is kind of what I expected, based on information I heard
that OpenGL does not accelerate on anything other than primary displays.  Although I did expect it to
render something instead of nothing.

Anyone has seen this behavior before?  Thanks for any insight.

Tony