[vtkusers] SampleMFC memory leaks

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at chello.at
Wed Apr 24 02:32:26 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sander Niemeijer" <niemeijer at science-and-technology.nl>
To: "Denny" <husthj at yahoo.com>
Cc: <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] SampleMFC memory leaks

> As I understood from Roland Schwarz this crash has to do with problems
> in vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.
> Look at the following mailinglist entries that also discusses a bug I
> found in the same class:

No sorry you got me wrong. The cited discussion as far as I remember had to
do with some possible improvements, not necessities.

the vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow is ok. The examples for MFC are bad.
Unfortunately I also do not have a perfect example at hand. I simply found
out how to circumvent the problems. They have to do with the fact, that
views are destoyed before docs. And at this point docs are still holding
resources (display lists in this case) belonging to the view. Releasing this
resources crashes your app. One solution would be to have the mapper, actor
and renderer members of the view instead of the doc. BTW: You should not
connect a single mapper to multiple renderes anyway.

Hope this helps.

Roland