[vtkusers] Building VTK on MAC OSX

Daniel Sáez Domingo dsaez at iti.upv.es
Tue Apr 23 12:50:16 EDT 2002

Hello,

   I am new in VTK's world. I have tried to build VTK on a MAC OS X but I
have had a lot of problems.
I have read the archives and I think my problem isn't solved there.

I have done all the changes in the Rendering directory files (__APPLE__ by
VTK_USE_QUARTZ) and in the CMakeList.txt and the options in CMakeCache.txt are
OPENGL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework AppKit -framework OpenGL
VTK_USE_QUARTZ:BOOL=ON
VTK_USE_RENDERING:BOOL=ON
VTK_USE_X:BOOL=OFF

but when I do make, it is produced the next error:
/usr/local/src/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLActor.cxx:50: GL/gl.h: No such file or
directory

I have looked for the gl.h in my system and I've found the next file:

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.frameworks/Versions/A/Headers/gl.h

then, I have put this directory in the OPENGL_INCLUDE_PATH

but the problem continues.

I would like someone to help me, please.

Thank you

Daniel Sáez.