[vtkusers] how to get outline from CT images

ljhfdy4 ljhfdy4 at sina.com
Mon Apr 22 18:51:17 EDT 2002

Hi, friends:

I have a question about how to get the outline from CT images. What I want to do is extracting the outline of a special tissue like bone or skin from one slice of CT (threshold may needed). In my idea the outline should be polyline, but I am not sure which functions can do this work exactly. Also how can i save the extracted polyline into a format the CAD packages can read? If impossible, image format is ok too.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ljh