[vtkusers] pb w. Delaunay on multiple polygons

Melvin Hadasht melvin.hadasht at free.fr
Mon Apr 22 12:45:06 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have a vtkCellArray containing two or more polygons that I wish to
triangulate using vtkDelaunay (for the constrained triangulation
ability). On a test case of two regular polygons one above the other,
the triangulations succeeds for both polygons only if the number of the
sides of the polygon are less than 8. Above this limit, the second
created polygon is not correctly triangulated:

http://melvin.hadasht.free.fr/vtk/delau.jpg

the corresponding Python script is:

http://melvin.hadasht.free.fr/vtk/delau.py

Triangulating only one of them works correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

I need to use vtkDelaunay2D instead of vtkTriangleFilter because some of
my other polygons have holes in them, and vtkTriangleFilter will fill
the holes. Is this a limitation of the Delaunay algorithm? Is there
another solution?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

--