[vtkusers] Problem with vtkMFCRenderView on Windows 2000

Nelson pttsui at ee.cuhk.edu.hk
Mon Apr 22 11:24:06 EDT 2002

I am used to making use of VTK in Visual C++ via the class vtkMFCRenderView provided by the sample. In VTK version 3.2, I am used to have it working well with both Windows 98 and 2000 platforms. However, when I have updated VTK to 4.0, running the applicaton on Win2000 results an error dialog which exits and prohibits the windows from being created :

  Debug Error !
  Program : MyApplication.EXE
  Module :
  File : i386\chkesp.c
  Line : 42
  The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

But I compile the same application with the same release of VTK (4.0) is working fine on Windows 98 platform. I would like to know anyone have the same experience or have sucessfully used vtkMFCRenderView on Windows2000.

Rgds, Nelson.