[vtkusers] Install problem

Zhaopeng Lei zlei at cisunix.unh.edu
Thu Apr 18 16:12:46 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I met a problem in running vtk example on Windows system:
Here are my steps:
1. download Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries: vtk40Core.exe and vtk40Cpp.exe
2. install them
3. use vc++6.0 open the CXX example
4. Set VC++: tools->options->directaries
                          Include Files: add c:\..\vtk40\include\vtk
                          Library files: add c:\..\vtk40\lib\vtk
5. then build all.
result: compile ok.
        link errors like this:
a.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: void __thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)"
(__imp_?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z)

Did I miss any lib files? How can I fix it? Thanks a lot.

- Zhaopeng :-)

        -_\|/_-
          /M\