[vtkusers] How to read raw 8bpp volumes?

Rene Tschirley pooh at cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 17 10:41:58 EDT 2002

Dear all,

I hope my question isn't as stupid as I feel right now asking it:

For all the time I used vtkVolume16Reader to read 16bpp volume data and
was very happy with it. Now, I have some MRI series which are 8bpp. I
wonder how I have to read them. vtkVolume16Reader writes:
"vtkVolume16Reader (0x8058b18): Error reaading raw pgm data!" (I wonder
why it assumes PGM format, for the files are raw image data.) Do I have
to convert my 8bpp slices to real PGM data or 16bpp files?

Thanks in advance,
       René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley              http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group