[vtkusers] VTK and QT on Windows2000

Danny Allen philip.allen at man.ac.uk
Wed Apr 17 09:59:01 EDT 2002

Thanks to Dave Pont  and Sagi Schein for your suggestions - I did manage
to fix the problem in the end if anyone is interested:

The problem was simply a conflict between single and multi threaded
libraries. I'd built VTKQT using tmake with the '-t vclib' option to
create a VisualC++ project file (only for VC++5, but VC++6 converts it
for you). The resulting library is single threaded, so I had to go to
the Project Settings dialog and under the C/C++ tab in 'Code Generation'
change use runtime library to 'Debug Multi Threaded DLL'.

I did also try editing the VTK.pro file used by tmake to generate the
.dsp file to include a multi threaded option, but the resulting .dsp
file crashed Developer studio - no idea why but the above alternative
seems to work.