[vtkusers] (VTK4.0) How to set Control / Shift value in vtkInteractorStyle

tirawat tirawat.b at chula.ac.th
Wed Apr 17 08:11:34 EDT 2002

Hi ,
            I am implementing a part of event handling program. When it
received LeftButtonPress event, I pass all required parameters to
  vtkInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonDown(). This approach worked in Vtk3
because the protected function "UpdateInternalState"  is put inside
OnLeftButtonDown() as shown below.
void vtkInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonDown(int ctrl, int shift,
                                          int X, int Y)
{
  //
 this->UpdateInternalState(ctrl, shift, X, Y);

However, VTK4 does not put UpdateInternalState() method inside and
OnLeftButtonDown() does not really used the function arguments.

My question is  ->
Are there any Standard ways to make vtkInteractorStyle realizes the new
Control/Shift value (WITHOUT modifying the VTK code) ?

Regards Tirawat