[vtkusers] possible bug in vtkProgrammableSource

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Mon Apr 15 16:55:31 EDT 2002

Malcolm,

Bill's solution is the right one - the problem is that unless you tell it,
the structured points won't know what the whole extent it. This is a
required value (should be documented better) of a programmable source. It
is actually a requirement of the UpdateInformation method of all sources /
filters (this is where the programmable method is called).

At some point in the past (maybe 3.1) VTK used to "correct" your whole
extent for you if it wasn't set. I believed this caused problems and was
replaced by the notion that all sources/filters must set the whole extent.

Lisa