[vtkusers] VTK and QT on Windows2000

Danny Allen philip.allen at man.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 13:55:23 EDT 2002

Is there a way of integrating VTK and QT on Windows 2000 ? I've tried
using VTKQT by Matthias Koenig but I can't get it to work on my system.
I can successfully build VTK, QT, and VTKQT on my machine, and I can
build applications using either VTK or QT. However, when I try and bring
them altogether in an application that links to all three libraries I
get link errors whose cause are beyond my meager programming skills.
There basically seems to be some conflict between VTKQT.lib and
msvcprtd.lib. Are there some compiler switches I need to tweak, or is
there an alternative to VTKQT that I might have more luck with ?

I'm using VTK4.0, QT2.3.0 and Visual C++6.0 Developer Studio.

Thanks

Danny Allen
Imaging Science and Biomedical Engineering
University of Manchester