[vtkusers] simple Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP)

Thomas Deschamps tdeschamps at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 11 11:52:01 EDT 2002

Hi I fixed my problem concerning MIP functions (thank you Lisa).

What I am trying to do now is map a look-up-table/window-level into the piecewise function
used for the vtkRayCastMIPFunction.
If I am working on an image with grey values between 0 and 32767, I need a
look-up-table/window-level to visualize it, mapping scalars on 8bits.
Since in a MIP function, there is a grey transfer function used to project data, is there a
common process to transform the look-up-table/window-level of my image into the proper
piecewise function for MIP rendering?
I would greatly appreciate any example of code.
Many thanks

Thomas Deschamps