[vtkusers] CVS problem

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Apr 9 07:20:16 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 21:26, F. Heitkamp wrote:
> I tried to pull the sources from CVS and got this error.
> I don't think the problem is at my end.  I have about 600MB
> free on the drives in question.
>
> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:2401/cvsroot/VTK
> CVS password:
> cannot mkdir /mounts/ram/cvs-serv3619/VTK/Graphics/Testing
> No space left on device

Well, what happened was that to make CVS faster we user tmpfs for
storing cvs temporary files. TMPFS for non-linux people is a file
system that resides in the memory. It resizes dynamically and is
being paged and everything. Initially we setup the size of this
disk to be up to 1g, which turned out not to be enough. I resized
tmpfs partition to be 2g, but I will potentially change it to 3g.
Please let me know if there are any more problems.

			Andy Cedilnik
			Kitware Inc.