[vtkusers] vtk linux and nvidia

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Mon Apr 8 12:00:33 EDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 05:56:08PM +0200, Nicolae Mihalache wrote:
> Charl P. Botha wrote:
> >>application will not work anymore. Is vtk 3.2 compatible with vtk 3.1?
> >>Should I try this one?
> >
> >Which version of the NVidia drivers are you using?
> >
> 1.0.2880, I've downloaded last week from nvidia site.
> I've also upgraded XFree86 to 4.2.0 with no luck.

I (and one or two other users) did see some weird behaviour since 1.0-2802.
If you downgrade to 1.0.2314 these problems should go away.  We have
reported (with an exact recipe on how to reproduce it, even offering
binaries of VTK to reproduce it with) it to NVidia and have gotten
absolutely no response.