[vtkusers] vtk linux and nvidia

Nicolae Mihalache mache at abcpages.com
Mon Apr 8 11:25:34 EDT 2002

Hi!

I'm tring to use vtk on a SuSE 7.1, kernel 2.4.18 with a NVidia Riva
TNT2 M64TNT video card. I've compiled vtk 3.1.2 but unfortunately it
does not work very well when using accelerated drivers from nvidia.
The application I try to run (not written by me) does not display what
is suppose to display, it presents me with a blank screen. I tested the
programs from examplesTcl directory in vtk distribution and it seems
that they start correctly but if I resize the window, the image is lost,
it displays garbage. If I use the mesa unacelerated OpenGL everything
works fine (but is much slower). The demos shiped with mesa run very
well using the Nvidia OpenGL.
Is there any known problem with vtk 3.1.2 and nvidia openGL
implementation? Unfortunately I can not upgrade to vtk 4.0, my
application will not work anymore. Is vtk 3.2 compatible with vtk 3.1?
Should I try this one?

Thank you,
Nicolae