[vtkusers] RMI in vtk visualization pipeline

Poyo scj90 at dvis.cs.ccu.edu.tw
Mon Apr 8 04:04:59 EDT 2002

Hi all:
    in the vtk visualization pipeline, can we invocate the remote method on RMI server and
pass a vtk object like vtkpolydatamapper or vtkcontourfilter as a parameter?
or can we make a vtk object as a return type for a remote method?
Tke plot3d reader for example....
    we invocate a remote funcation r_function( ) in RMI server  doing vtkPLOT3DReader and vtkContourFilter, and then return the vtkContourFilter object to rmi client.
When rmi client receives the vtkContourFilter object, it takes the object as a input parameter for vtkPolyDataMapper and contiune the vtk pipeline.

  In our opinion, can server do the filter stage and export the .vtk file. Pass the .vtk file to clinet(or other file format), then client import the .vtk file and contiune the pipeline?

Thanks