AW: [vtkusers] Changing vtkStructuredPoints scalar type

Oliver Burgert burgert at ira.uka.de
Fri Apr 5 02:04:48 EST 2002

vtkImageCast ! ;-)

short example...

HTH Oliver

	//The Data which will be rendered
  vtkImageData *RenderImage = vtkImageData::New();

	//if volume data is not UNSIGNED_CHAR or UNSIGNED_SHORT
  //volume has to be casted to the desired range
  if ((p_Image->GetScalarType() != VTK_UNSIGNED_CHAR  ) &&
		  (p_Image->GetScalarType() != VTK_UNSIGNED_SHORT ))
		{
			GfxPrint("Resampling volume");
      vtkImageCast* pImageCast = vtkImageCast::New();

pImageCast->SetOutputScalarTypeToUnsignedShort();
				pImageCast->ClampOverflowOn();
				pImageCast->SetInput(p_Image);

			RenderImage=(pImageCast->GetOutput());
			RenderImage->Update();