[vtkusers] Single source shortest path class published

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu Apr 4 16:44:28 EST 2002

This is really nice.

Of course, I have a request.  :)

It would be cool if there was a mode such the shortest path
was not constrained to walk from vertex to vertex along the
polydata.  I would love to have an implementation that allowed
me to give two points on the surface of a polydata (not necessarily
vertices but points within a polygon) and have the path
walk long the surface crossing edges (but not necessarily
crossing an edge at a vertex).

I suppose you could start with the path that you calculate now
and then run a relaxation step that will move the points from
the vertex positions along the edges to further reduce the cost.