[vtkusers] Best way to compute non-visual 'histogram'?

Kevin Teich kteich at cortechs.net
Wed Apr 3 14:13:56 EST 2002

I would like to get a simple count of the number of times voxel values
show up in an image/volume. I can do it in straight Tcl, but it is very
slow to access each voxel individually. vtkImageAccumulate does this, but
its output is visual. I am more interested getting the raw numbers for
generating a text table or other statistical use. Is there any way to use
vtkImageAccumulate to do this, or is it strictly a visual filter? I can
easily write a filter class to compute this information and then write an
access function to get it from within Tcl, but I'm wondering if there is
an existing way to get this kind of functionality. Thanks.

--
Kevin Teich