[vtkusers] Topology with StructuredGrid

Chris Bayley bayley at me.queensu.ca
Mon Sep 24 10:09:01 EDT 2001

Hello Everyone

I am trying to use vtkStructuredGrid to represent the topology of a regular
grid of 3D data.   The X and Y directions are regularly spaced while the Z
direction is my height.  How do I represent the height using the Structured
Grid?  I have tried using vtkScalars but still don't get the surface features to
appear when rendered.  Here is a fragment of what I am doing (wrong ???)

Any help would be appreciated

Chris

/*Read in the z data */
fread(&z[0],sizeof(float),NumPoints*Profiles,mod);

fclose(mod);

vtkStructuredPoints *SP = vtkStructuredPoints::New();
	SP->SetSpacing(dx,dy,1);
            SP->SetOrigin(0,0,0);
            SP->SetDimensions(Profiles,NumPoints,1);

vtkScalars *Scalars = vtkScalars::New();
        Scalars -> SetNumberOfScalars(NumPoints*Profiles);
        for(i=0;i<(NumPoints*Profiles);i++){
        	Scalars->InsertScalar(i,10*z[i]);
        }
        SP->GetPointData()->SetScalars(Scalars);

vtkDataSetMapper *SPMapper=vtkDataSetMapper::New();
	SPMapper->SetInput(SP);
        SPMapper->ScalarVisibilityOff();

vtkActor *Actor=vtkActor::New();
	Actor->SetMapper(SPMapper);
        Actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,0,0);
        Actor->GetProperty()->SetRepresentationToWireframe();

vtkRenderer *renderer = vtkRenderer::New();
        renderer->SetBackground(1,1,1);
        renderer->AddActor(Actor);

vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
	renWin->AddRenderer(renderer);
        renWin->SetSize(500,500);
        //renWin->SetDesiredUpdateRate(5);

vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
	iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

        renWin->Render();
        iren->Start();

SPMapper->Delete();