[vtkusers] volume and actors opacity

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Fri Sep 21 15:31:58 EDT 2001

Edi, see the message below from Lisa Avila...this problem has been fixed....john

<<I try to use in the same renderer, a volume and one actor.
The volume is rendered by adding 3 vtkVolumeTextureMappers to a vtkLOD, and
than this Lod to the renderer. The actor has an opacity of 0.1
If the volume is added to the renderer, even if it is not visible, the actor
is opaque.>>>

---------------------- Forwarded by John Anast-JM/PGI on 09/21/2001 03:26 PM
---------------------------
From: "Lisa S. Avila" <lisa.avila at kitware.com>@public.kitware.com on 09/17/2001
09:15 AM AST

    "Lisa S. Avila" <lisa.avila at kitware.com>           To:   "Jianlong Zhou"
                         @public.kitware.com        <zhou at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>,
                                                    vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                                                       Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
 Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com   Subject:      Re: [vtkusers] Combining volumes and
                         09/17/2001 09:15 AM        transparent

Hello Jianlong,

I fixed this problem - it was the same one as with the VolumePro and the
volume texture mapper. Let me know if you are still having problems with a
current release.

Lisa