[vtkusers] Marching Cuubes!???

ejml at iespana.es ejml at iespana.es
Thu Sep 20 11:56:41 EDT 2001

Hello to all the users!!.

I am a student of the last course of computer science
engineering in the University of Alicante, Spain.
I am using the VTK to construct a 3D-Digitizer.
I have used the filter of Delaunay (alpha-shapes) and
the of Hugues Hoppe, but these are too slow.
I have understood that the technique of Marching
Cubes works enough good, but the class that
implements it in the VTK (vtkMarchingCubes) is
patented.
Somebody can pack its folder patented along with the
bookstore " DLL " that supports them and send this to
me?

Thanks to all.