[vtkusers] Joining two images

David Pont david_pont at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 00:28:57 EDT 2001

I have changed my pipeline to use vtkImageBlend instead of vtkImageAppend
and now I get some output which is almost what I want. The pipeline is:

vtkTIFFReader
vtkImageReslice
  vtkTransform::New();
  vtkTransform->RotateWXYZ( rotate_angle );
  vtkTransform->Translate( translate_X, translate_Y, 0 );
vtkImageReslice->SetResliceTransform( above vtkTransform );
vtkImageReslice->Update();
vtkImageReslice->GetOutput()->GetWholeExtent();
    to obtain the outer extent for the two images.
vtkImageConstantPad->SetOutputWholeExtent();
    with the outer extent
vtkImageBlend
vtkTIFFWriter

The output is almost perfect: two transformed images overlayed and saved in
a TIFF file; except that the Translate appears to do nothing. Any experts in
Reslice know what I might be doing wrong?. I am surprised I get the Rotate
but not the Translate. Do they need separate transforms, separate Reslices?

  regards
     Dave Pont