[vtkusers] How to know if a point is inside a PolyData?

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Mon Sep 10 11:07:53 EDT 2001

Hi Carlos,

I recently added a InsideOrOutside() method to vtkOBBTree that uses
a method similar to the one that Will described.  It keeps track of
the normals of the surfaces that the ray passes through to make it
fairly robust (though not perfect), and uses the OBB tree to make it
efficient.  You will need a VTK nightly from July 6 or later.

 - David