[vtkusers] How to know if a point is inside a PolyData?

Carlos Martinez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Mon Sep 10 05:33:36 EDT 2001

Hi all.

I have a PolyData that is a closed surface. I would know how to get points
inside this closed surface randomly. I don't know if there is an easy
method in VTK.

I have thought that I could generate points and know if they are inside
the surface. Is this a good aproach? How can I do it in VTK? Do you know
another aproach?

Many thanks.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es