[vtkusers] Fwd: Linking error in libVTKImaging.a

prateek_arora at indya.com prateek_arora at indya.com
Wed Sep 5 02:09:48 EDT 2001

---- Begin Included Message ----

Hi friends
  I am facing one problem.
  I have build vtk3.2 in irix machine , the build was successfully
and it generate the five .a file, Now I am using this .a file in my
project, but when I compling my program I am getting the lots of
linking error in libVTKImaging.a, I am sending the few part of my
make file, Can any of you tell me How I can solve this problem

Linking part of my Makefile is

LIBS = -L/var/tmp/vtk3.2/common \
    -L/var/tmp/vtk3.2/imaging \
    -L/var/tmp/vtk3.2/graphics \
    -L/var/tmp/vtk3.2/patented \
    -L/var/tmp/vtk3.2/contrib \
    -lVTKImaging \
    -lVTKPatented \
    -lVTKGraphics \
    -lVTKContrib \
    -lVTKCommon \
    -lpthread \
    -L/usr/freeware/lib -ltk -ltcl -lm -lX11 \
    $(GFXLIBS)

and the error I am getting is of vtk linking

 Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and
dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "XLoadFont" -- 1st referenced
by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkXTextMap
per.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "XQueryTextExtents" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtk
XTextMapper.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glViewport" -- 1st referenced
by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGLI
mager.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glScissor" -- 1st referenced
by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGLIm
ager.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glClearDepth" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenG
LImager.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glClear" -- 1st referenced by
/homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGLImag
er.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glColor4ubv" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGL
PolyDataMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glOrtho" -- 1st referenced by
/homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGLPoly
DataMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glBegin" -- 1st referenced by
/homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGLPoly
DataMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glVertex2fv" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGL
PolyDataMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glEnd" -- 1st referenced by
/homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGLPolyDa
taMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glLineWidth" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGL
PolyDataMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glPointSize" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGL
PolyDataMapper2D.o).
        Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives
and dsos are loaded.
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "glPixelZoom" -- 1st
referenced by /homes/3dvis/vtk/vtk3.2/libVTKImaging.a(vtkOpenGL
ImageMapper.o).

 If any one from you know how to use vtk library , Please tell me
 Thanks in advance
 With regards
prateek

Enjoy being an Indyan at http://www.indya.com