[vtkusers] Re. CVS access as user + CMake

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Wed Oct 31 17:24:34 EST 2001

Dean, here's some crib notes I had from when I started using WinCVS

1.) Download WinCVS binary from http://www.wincvs.org/
2.) Run the install program
3.) Run WinCVS
4.) In WinCvs Preferences General dialog box
     Enter the CVSROOT "anonymous at www.visualizationtoolkit.org:/cvsroot/VTK" in the
     Authentication set to "passwd" file on the cvs server ...
     Select a home directory and enter password when prompted
5.) Create-> Checkout Module  enter module name=VTK, tell it where to save it locally

Start another CVS download

6.) Admin->Preferences->General Enter the CVSROOT "anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/CMake"
     in the Authentication set to "passwd" file on the cvs server
7) Admin->Login - enter password
8) Create-> Checkout Module  enter module name=CMake, tell it where to save it locally
    (it will create the needed folder.)

You can also set the CVS server in the Checkout Module - Checkout settings - General tab

...john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: "Dean Inglis" <dean.inglis at on.aibn.com>@public.kitware.com on 10/31/2001
04:45 PM PST

      "Dean Inglis" <dean.inglis at on.aibn.com>           To:   <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
                          @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                                Subject:      [vtkusers] Re. CVS access as user +
                                                     CMake
  Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                          10/31/2001 07:45 PM

Can anyone guide me through the set-up of WinCVS on a Windows PC?  Also,
where are CMake list files since they don't appear to be included in the
nightly vtk.tar.gz release?

regards,
Dean Inglis