[vtkusers] Double Precision Scalars, what to do?

Alan Shih feigee at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:01:15 EST 2001

Hi,

I searched vtk mailing list archives but couldn't find satisfactory answers
to it, so please allow me to post it here.

I have a dataset with 6 scalars in it.  One of the scalar minmax={1.0E-14,
1.0E-12}.  When I plotted the scalar, it is basically monocolor.  I think
the actor is thinking of all values are 0.0.

I looked at vtkScalars, there is no way for us to put doubles into it.  What
should we do then?  Any compilation flags or things of that sort that allows
us to handle double-precision data properly?

Thanks for your pointers.

Alan