[vtkusers] Alternative to Delaunay2D - regular grid?

Karin Faulhaber faulhaber at ipf.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Oct 26 10:27:48 EDT 2001

Hello Will,

> Have you tried something like:
> - pass the 2D image output of the DEM reader through vtkGeometryFilter to create quads
> - take the output of vtkGeometryFilter and then use vtkTriangleFilter
>
> this will create a mesh of triangles.

Thanks for the answer! Looks like I put my question a bit wrong: It's
not a DEM file but a vtkPolyData representing a Digital Elevation Model,
and all the data points are on a 3D regular grid (from a laserscanner
flight).
I suppose an alternative could be a TriangleFilter and/or somehow
changing the cell type of my data from vertex/polyvertex to triangles or
quads. I think you put me in the right direction, thanks again.

Karin