[vtkusers] vrml importer + colors

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Mon Oct 22 05:09:41 EDT 2001

Hi All

I have a problem with VRML importer. I created a model using calgari pioneer
(trial version) and saved it as
a VRML 1.0 file. I then use one of these vrml1to2 converter and then render
it using vtk. Here is my problem.

ex. If i have three objects a cylinder, a cube and a cone (not joined but
all part of the world ) then vtk
and vrml rendering looks the same/good with all colors. But if i join these
3 objects (object union) as one object and then
render it then vtk looses all colors. It takes one dominant color and puts
that color on everything. Whereas
the vrml world is still with three different colors for cone cylinder and
cube. I checked the vrml version1 file and version2 file and they both show
similar colours, but only the vtk shows one uniform color.

Has anyone come across this before. I am using the vtkimporter from Tom
Citriniti
Any help is appreciated, thanks
Gowri