[vtkusers] Display list...

Berk Geveci berkgeveci at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 14:48:45 EDT 2001

Unless you have ImmediateModeRendering turned on, VTK automatically uses
display lists. So that is not your problem. Are you using a lot of actors ?
There were speed issues with using a large number of actors in VTK. Some
of these have been fixed since 3.2. You might want to download a nightly
distribution (if you are not using Windows, you have to use CVS and compile
VTK yourself). If you don't want to upgrade, you can just append the tubes
together
(which will probably take some time and slow down the startup) and display
them
as a single actor.

-Berk