[vtkusers] Strange response on Linux

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Thu Oct 18 16:12:54 EDT 2001

Hi,
I started recently porting the code I've been developing for 2 years
on NT to Linux. So, I'm really new to Linux!!
I compiled and ran the following program on both WinNT and Linux.
The program runs as expected on NT (a sphere in the upper renderer
with the number 1 and a white background; and a sphere in the lower
renderer with the number 2 and a grayish background).

However, when I run it under linux the following happens:
1) The upper renderer is black (not white) and contains no actors.
2) The lower renderer is white (not grayish) but has the correct actors.

Did anyone encounter such a problem on Linux before?
I'm using Linux RedHat 6.2 and Mesa 3.1.2

Thanks,
Asad
     /                        Asad A. Abu-Tarif                                        \
     |   Computer Engineering.                                                      |
     |   PhD Candidate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).       |
     |   PhD Thesis: Multi-Model 3D Registration                            |