[vtkusers] node id labels

Campbell, Robert E recampb at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 18 13:17:51 EDT 2001

Does anyone know how to label node ids effectively, i.e. when I use a very
large number of nodes, interacting with the plot is ridiculously slow, and
takes like 15 seconds for a sphere to rotate all the way around 1 time.
I copied this code out of the User's Guide:

 ids->SetInput(ugrid);
      ids->PointIdsOn();
      visPts->SetInput(ids->GetOutput());
      visPts->SetRenderer(renderer);
      ldm->SetInput(visPts->GetOutput());
      ldm->SetLabelModeToLabelIds();
      pointLabels->SetMapper(ldm);
      pointLabels->VisibilityOn();
      renderer->AddActor2D(pointLabels);
      renWin->Render();

anyone know a better way of doing it so having the node labels on doesn't
affect the interacting performance?