[vtkusers] Number Source

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Wed Oct 17 13:53:36 EDT 2001

vtkVectorText was perfect.
Thank you very much.
Asad

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joey Mukherjee
  To: tarifa at rpi.edu ; vtkusers at public.kitware.com
  Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 5:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Number Source

  >Did anyone create a vtkNumberSource class (similar to vtkCubeSource
  >or vtkSphereSource). I have code that segments cell Nuclei and counts
  >them and I would like to display numbers in the center of each nuclei. It
  >would be very helpful if I have a vtkNumberSource that displays a number
  >in 3D!!

  You can do exactly that with a vtkVectorText/vtkFollower.  Its somewhat
  expensive CPU wise, but it does work.  vtkLabeledDataMapper might also help you
  out.

  Joey

  +     Joey Mukherjee                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
  +     joey at swri.org                   vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
  +                                     E-Bay...                             +