[vtkusers] newbie compile question on AIX

Tim Carlson tim.carlson at pnl.gov
Tue Oct 16 14:20:23 EDT 2001

I've built VTK 3.2 on Linux and IRIX using gcc without any problems. Now I
come to AIX and I want to build VTK with gcc.

Everything is fine until I get to vtkImageReslice.cxx

Note this is a daily snapshot I am try to compile, but I
can reproduce the error with the stock vtk3.2 source

vtkImageReslice.cxx: In function `void
   vtkOptimizedPermuteExecuteCubic(vtkImageReslice*, vtkImageData*, T*,
   vtkImageData*, T*, int*, int, vtkMatrix4x4*)':
vtkImageReslice.cxx:2856: parse error before numeric constant
make[1]: *** [vtkImageReslice.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/files0/tim/vtk/imaging'
make: *** [build_imaging] Error 2

I'm using a recent gcc. I have problems with the same file
if I use 2.95.x.

% gcc -v
Reading specs from
/msrc/apps/gcc-3.0/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.1.0/3.0.1/specs
Configured with: ../configure
--prefix=/afs/msrc.pnl.gov/files/apps/gcc-3.0
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.0.1

I've searched the archives but all I find is a reference to a possible bug
in g++ back at version 2.7.something.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim