[vtkusers] Newbie Java Problems

Tim Griffiths Tim.Griffiths at unilever.com
Fri Oct 12 06:37:17 EDT 2001

Hi,

I am working under NT4 SP5.

I am trying to get the example (App2) to work but I just get a grey box
in the browser and the following error in the Java Console:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: vtk/vtkRenderWindow.AddRenderer_2
Possible causes: If you are trying to use J/Direct (@dll.import), check
your compiler version (for JVC, requires 4336 or greater.) If you are
trying to use RNI, there are new requirements: see documentation.

What does it mean?  I have vtkdll.dll and vtkjava.dll in
winnt/system32.  Am I trying to use J/Direct or RNI - I havent a clue!!

Thanks,

Tim