[vtkusers] vtk3dsImporter and scaling

JGuitars at aol.com JGuitars at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 10:40:56 EDT 2001

Hi!

I'm having an immense amount of difficulty scaling my imported 3ds models
using vtkTransform within MFC. My program reads 2 models into the Renderer,
and I need to scale the actual model(s) themselves. I've been through every
example within vtkTransform and vtkTransformCollection (and others)...finding
similar operations (scaling the actual model, etc) using other importers
OTHER than the 3ds Importer. From what I've seen in the examples I've looked
at, It just a simple matter of inserting the output into a transform pipeline
as in:

vtkTransform *transform = vtkTransform::New();
transform->SetInput(My3dsModel->GetOutput);

This obviously does not work, nor anything else I've tried. I do not see any
clear
way of introducing a transform upon a 3ds model. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

T Jennings