[vtkusers] Animation

Stefano Perticoni stperti at infinito.it
Thu Oct 4 11:02:20 EDT 2001

> Hi vtkusers,
>
> I 'd like to create an animation built upon  a sequence of some *.bmp
> files.
> First of all I have to create these bmp-files.

        vtkRendererSource* source= vtkRendererSource::New();
            //render is an istance of vtkRenderWindow
            source->SetInput(render);
            source->WholeWindowOn();

       //save as  BMP
       vtkBMPWriter* writer=vtkBMPWriter::New();
            writer->SetInput (source-> GetOutput());
            writer->SetFileName ("yourFileHere.bmp");
            writer->Write();

> How can I create a sequence of bmp-files without showing the result on
> the screen?

Make a loop including something like the code above.
If you are under Win you should use DirectAnimation control from DirectX7
SDK.

bye,
Stefano