[vtkusers] Re: Offscreen Rendering

Miguel Angel Martin Fernandez vtk at helios.tel.uva.es
Thu Oct 4 02:41:14 EDT 2001

Hi again,

The machine <name_of_R> is the name of the host that started the MPI job,
therefore I understand now that all the displays are being opened on this
machine (one display per processor). However, when i try to open the
displays on the local machines:

  XOpenDisplay(":0"), XOpenDisplay("<name_of_localhost>:0.0"),...

	then i always get the "invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE key, connection
refused by server" message.

Is it possible to fix this?  Should I use "xauth"? As i said yesterday,
opening the display ":0" works OK as long as i have a local X session
opened on each of the machines (i.e. if I can see my desktop on each
computer...)

Thank you!