[vtkusers] Compiling VTKTCL.DLL failed

Jianlong Zhou zhou at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Oct 3 10:57:50 EDT 2001

hi, vtkusers,
I compile the vtk source with Debug and Increamental mode. I have
created the vtkcommon.dll, vtkimaging.dll etc successfully. I also
include the tcl. So after completing creating these dlls. I also
create the vtktcl.lib successfully, but when linking vtktcl.dll, it
failed. Following is some of error information. Does anyone know
how to built vtktcl.dll successfully?

error information:

vtktclgraphicsobjs.lib(vtkTkRenderWidget.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol __imp__Tk_MakeWindowExist
..\lib/vtktcl.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 15 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077:
'D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.

Thank you in advance.
Jianlong