[vtkusers] vtkJava and SWING

Ben Held ben.held at staarinc.com
Wed Oct 3 09:39:20 EDT 2001

Hello,

I have embedded the vtkPanel inside a JInternalFrame component.  The problem
is that the vtkPanel component is a heavyweight (AWT) component and
therefore it is rendered on top of all other swing components.  I know how
to handle the popup menus using setDefaultLightWeightPopupEnabled(false),
however I am in need of a "lightweight (swing)" version of vtkPanel.

Has anyone done this or at least looked into it?  Is it on the list for a
new version of VTK?  Does anyone know what type of modifications need to be
made to vtk to make vtkPanel a swing component?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben L. Held
Simulation Technology & Applied Research, Inc.
11520 N. Port Washington Rd.
Suite 101B
Mequon, WI  53092
Phone: (262) 240-0291 x101