[vtkusers] Removing lighting from points, lines, and wireframe

Michael J. Winckler michael.winckler at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 2 10:03:44 EDT 2001

|Hello Folk,

Hi Ken,

|We are considering removing lighting from points, lines, and wireframe
|in VTK and I wanted to get some feedback on the idea.

[problems with lighting on wireframe models]

I see the problem but I would hate to see the lighting go
altogether.

|1) remove lighting from lines, points, and wireframes
|
|2) remove lighting from wireframes, but leave it on for points and
|lines if they have normals
|
|3) Make it an option where the default is to not use lighting (1) but
|it could be turned on

This is the option that I vote for. I would even vote for leaving
it turned on as the default but this is a minor detail ...

|4) leave it the way it is, I like my wireframes shaded

|Thanks
|Ken

Just my 2 ct.

Michael

 \\\   Dr. Michael J. Winckler  Michael.Winckler at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
 ( o>     http://www.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/%7EMichael.Winckler/
 /U )            "If swimming is so good for your figure,
--oo--                how come whales look the way they do?"