[vtkusers] need some input on rendering behaviour

Gopalakrishnan, Gowri Gowri.Gopalakrishnan at inteq.com
Mon Oct 1 10:52:03 EDT 2001

Hello Everyone,

i am using vtk in windows32 appliction (not console application). I create a
window and use the
renderer's SetParentId(hwnd) to tell the vtk which window to use for
rendering. The rendering
works fine. Mouse interaction works fine. But the key board interaction is
not working with the vtk
renderer. All the key events are transmitted to WinProc and I can detect it
there.
I would just like to know if this is normal?. If so why does the vtk
renderer catch the mouse events and
not key board events?.
Do I have to program in the winproc the key events (p for picking etc) or is
there some command i am
missing to start the key events.
Could someone either confirm this situation (if you have had any) or any
clue to the behavior of vtkrenderer.
Thanks in advance, My previous posting today is related to this.

Regards
Gowri