[vtkusers] Building VTK with OSX 10.1 and Python 2.2b2

Robert Brown robb at sophitia.tera-byte.com
Thu Nov 29 13:59:02 EST 2001

I'm trying to build VTK under OSX 10.1 with Python 2.2b2 support, but keep getting errors.  After adding some Python paths manually and locating some header files, I get the following error:

make[2]: *** [/VTK/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so] Error 1

Has anybody successfully built VTK (I've got the latest CVS source) under 10.1?  I found a binary distribution but it was compiled for Python 2.1 and seems to crash when I use it.

Thanks,

Robb

Seaman Family MR Research Centre
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

PS: to the moderator -- I posted this message a few days ago but apparently my mail server mangles my address so I resubscribed.