[vtkusers] eigenvectors?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Nov 27 09:04:05 EST 2001

Another possibility for a numerical library: we use vnl (which is part of the vxl computer vision toolkit http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vxl/). Vnl is being used as part of the National Library of Medicine Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit ITK at http://www.itk.org). Vnl is very C++ oriented.

Will

At 01:33 PM 11/27/2001 +0000, Philipp.Batchelor wrote:
>I agree with Randy Heiland, this is not really a vtk problem.
>I can add my own experience, because very recently I started
>doing something very related, i.e. a vtk UnstrucutredGrid filter which would
>compute some eigenvalues of the stiffness matrix. It's not pure vtk,
>but nothing says you can't link vtk with other libs. Honestly, it was
>not straightforward, and still isn't!
>Some issues:

William J. Schroeder, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.